Water – 2 cups
Gulab jamun mix – 100 gms
Milk or water – 50-60ml
Oil – For deep frying
For Sugar Syrup: Sugar – 2 cups
Cardamom powder – 1tsp
1. Take a deep pan. Add water and sugar. And boil till the sugar dissolves.
2. Switch off the flame. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Keep aside.
3. Take a bowl. Add Gulab Jamun mix and add milk or water and make a smooth dough.
4. Cover the dough with a cloth and keep it for 5m.
5. Apply ghee or oil on each palm and begin separating the batter into equivalent little balls, make smooth balls with no splits. Keep in mind to apply some ghee or oil whenever you roll a ball.
6. Take a wide pan and add oil for deep frying. Heat the oil on medium flame.
7. Fry the dumplings, stirring typically to brown on all sides.
8. When the dumplings are golden brown in all the sides, drain and remove them from the oil and add them in sugar syrup.
9. Allow the jamuns to absorb the syrup for 1 hour and then serve.