Maida – 250gms
Baking powder – 1/4 tsp
Cooking soda – 1/4 tsp
Curd – 100gms
Ghee or dalda – 50gms
Oil – For deep fry
Water – As Required
Pista or Almond – For Garnishing
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Lemon juice – 1/2 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1tsp
1. Take a bowl and add maida, cooking soda, backing powder, & mix it. Add ghee or dalda. Mix it. Add curd. Mix it well. Add very little Water and make a soft dough that is non sticky.
2. Keep aside covered for 20 minutes.
3. Take sugar and water in a container. And boil till it forms one string consistency.
4. Add lime juice and cardamom powder and switch off the flame.
5. After 20 minutes, mix it once.
6. Dividing the mixture into lemon sized balls. Take one ball and flatten it slightly along with your palm. Make dent within the center along with your thumb.
7. Heat oil for deep frying on medium flame.
8. Fry the badushas. Cook on both sides.
9. When the badushas are golden brown in all the sides, drain and remove them from the oil and add them within the sugar syrup. Keep it for 6-7 minutes.
10. After 7 mintues, take away it from the sugar syrup and place them in a plate. Let the syrup dry.
11. Garnish with almonds, cashew nuts, grated coconut, pista.
12. The badushas stay for 4 to 5 days at room temperature.